April 23, 2014

Liebster award

liebster award

I am so blessed to have be nominated for the Liebster Award by Emily over at The Small Stuff Counts

After being M.I.A in my March Challenge I was particularly surprised! Let’s just open the bag of worms… Posting every day does not work for me. I tried and then life happened with work, spring, and burn out. I can totally see how people who get paid to post can do this on the daily but it’s not for me so I’m going to stick with what works and try to get a post in at least once a week! Deal?

So, what is the Liebster Award?

The award is a way for bloggers to recognize other small, up and coming blogs. Liebster is a German term of endearment. It’s sort of a kumbuya moment between small bloggers. Once nominated you are to pick 5-11 other small up and coming blogs to award. You also get to share some randomly amazing facts about yourself and I LOVE that so here it goes!

  1. Do you collect anything? I’m not an avid collector of anything in particular, as in I don’t actively look to collect it however I do have some Polish Pottery that I receive at Christmas that I adore and that is growing.
  2. If you had a Saturday all alone with nothing you needed to do, how would you spend your time? Truth… in my PJ’s or sweats on the couch with a line up of chick flick/Romance movies to Veg Out on. I’m not evening going to pretend to tell you that I would go and try to make the world a better place … A girl needs a break every once in awhile.
  3. What is your pet peeve? Being late… You can read ALL about it here.
  4. What is your favorite season of the year? Most definitely SPRING… and it has finally arrived here in the Mid West so I am singing Pharrel’s Happy Song 24-7.
  5. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why? Brazil this summer for the 2014 World Cup! Seriously on my Bucket List!
  6. What is one thing on your bucket list? Weird… I didn’t even read the questions so I already answered this in Five. I must really want to go!
  7. What is something you fear? Heights.
  8. What is your favorite small business near you? The Lucky Pig. It is one of the only restaurants in small town Ogden, Iowa and my husband and I like to go on date nights there. It has an awesome Pork Tenderloin Sandwich & I can’t get enough of the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. YUM!
  9. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you meet your expectations? Hmm. I don’t know if there was anything when growing up that I “wanted” to be, besides the next MIA Hamm. That didn’t happen but I got to play soccer in College. As far as jobs I think life and god put me exactly where I am meant to be and that all the experiences I have had leading up to today have been for that reason.
  10. What inspired you to start your blog? I really wanted to have a space to connect to my family and friends after moving from Delaware to the Mid West. It is also a space to show my creativeness and to share what’s going on in my life with others.
  11. What’s one piece of advice you have for something thinking about starting their own blog? Just be you. It’s easy to read other blogs and want to be exactly like everyone else. And don’t lets the number of followers bother you, unless you’re trying to get paid to blog. I do this for me, so even if I have less than 50 followers it’s not a big deal.

11 Random Facts

  1. I grew up in Wilmington, Delaware which is 1,100 miles or 17 hours from where I live now in Ogden, Iowa
  2. I majored in Secondary Education-Agriculture in college and didn’t grow up on a farm.
  3. I was obsessed with Skateboarding as a pre-teen. From the moment I got my first kick board in elementary school up until about the 8th grade skateboarding was ALL I did around my neighborhood. Talk about being a tom boy.
  4. If I could have any last meal on my dying day it would be my Dad’s meatloaf dinner. Yes. Even over Steak.
  5. I hate wearing heels over 2.5 inches. How do people walk in those things?
  6. I need my coffee in the morning… I say I’m not addicted when really I’m in the first stage of Denial.
  7. I used to hate wearing BLACK anything and always opted for brown. Now I wear black all the time.
  8. Gardening is my Zen, it relaxes me and gives me a sense of accomplishment.
  9. I hate shopping for jeans. I am 5’3 so I always get stuck in the petite section and of course my size is usually the average so they NEVER have them in stock. I end up trying on a million pairs and get frustrated and walk out of the mall with nothing to show for my efforts.
  10. My husband is my counter part.
  11. Why is there a number 11? I don’t like leaving things on Odd numbers, it doesn’t feel right.

My Nominations

From Ashley to Awesome

The Peach Bellini

A Small Snippet

The Best is Yet to Come

Life is a Stream of Thoughts

Now it’s you’re turn! As a Liebster Award winner it’s time to post your own fun facts and spread the love to other small bloggers. Please answer these 11 questions, include 11 random facts, and then nominate 5-11 small bloggers

  1. What is your number one Go To Meal?
  2. What is your best feature that you love about yourself?
  3. What is your favorite online shop?
  4. When was the last time you laughed to hard you cried?
  5. If there was one thing you could contribute to the world, what would it be?
  6. You’re at Starbucks… what do you order?
  7. What is one Vice you hold?
  8. Do you have a favorite game that you like to play with a group of friends? If so, what is it?
  9. What is something you are looking forward to in the next month or so?
  10. Do you have a nick name?
  11. What is your ALL TIME favorite candy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...