March 11, 2014

My Biggest Pet Peeve

As soon as I saw the topic for today I didn't even need to put thought into coming up with what my biggest pet peeve is...



It all stems back to my childhood. There were countless times that my dad would be waiting in the car in the driveway impatiently waiting for one of his kids... Or mom to get going because we were going to be late. 

There were even times when he would pick me up from practice and say, "you have 10 mins before we need to be at so and so's concert" so I would run up the stairs, take a two min shower, get dressed, and throw my hair in a wet ponytail before joining my dad in the car that he was already waiting in.

Without a doubt I have the same pet peeve. I'm not sure that it's something that you pick up? I don't even know if it bothers my sisters or brother... All I know is if there is a time I'm supposed to be somewhere you better damn well be ready.

I'm already getting fired up talking about this. What a psycho!

Say we're going to a movie, I want to be there 20 mins before. Let me say that again... I want to BE THERE 20 mins before, not leave 20 mins before to get there 5 mins prior to the start of the movie. We'll get shitty seats! Now we paid $18.00 for a matinee and are going to get neck pains. Thanks. Also, if you are one of those people who show up right when the movie starts and want the prime seats... You people piss me off. You can't get prime seats if you late so don't expect me to move over one seat to make room for you. 

Dinner or drinks... Let's meet at 6pm. Okay but I'll probably get there early so don't text me later saying you're running late. I don't like sitting by myself in a bar with creepers around. 

Any event that has an arrival time... If we are late then it tells people we don't care about their event because we took our good ol time time getting there.

Key point here: "If I am not early then we are already late." 

I'm not sure what it is but I get super anxious. I can't sit still and I start worrying about situations that haven't even happened yet. 

Are you a be on time person or are you that person that makes me anxious?

1 comment:

  1. I'm 100% on your side of this. I HATE HATE HATE being late, and I'm not too happy when others are late (unless of course there's a legit emergency/excuse).

    I had to tell a certain someone this yesterday - plan for the unexpected! Don't just assume your meeting won't go late and you'll be able to leave in the 5 minute window you have to just barely make it to your next meeting. Sigh. It aggravates me to no end, and I'm just as psycho as you are because it really gets me worked up.

    I've enjoyed your daily blogs. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...