March 1, 2014

The Meaning Behind My Blog Name


When I first started blogging in November of 2011 I began "The Sixty Six Blog". I wasn't really sure of what I wanted my niche to be yet so I choose a name dear to my heart. Sixty Six is the number of years that my grandparents were married prior to my pop-pop passing away that summer. At the time I wanted a Blog Name that represented what was inspiring to me and a marriage of 66 years is very inspiring. You can read more about this here

As a beinning blogger with no vision I did what most of us do, tried to create a DIY blog. Pshh that lasted about 2 months before I ran out of ideas! I don't know where they find the time! 

As I started getting more into reading other blogs I realized that I wanted my blog to take a different route. I wanted a title that would stick through all of the changes that will happen over the years to come. I realized that I had a very interesting story about picking up my life on the East Coast and moving it to the Mid West to be with my sole mate and so "Simply Adapting" came to be. 

I started with the word "Adapting" because that's what I was doing. Adapting to an entirely new way of life, people, beliefs, foods. I was newly (and am still after 3.5 years) marriage so I was adapting to that life change. I am away from family and friends that I have been around my entire life so that was an adaptation. A new job, a new dog, a new garage door that I ran my husbands pick up through. (On accident) Everything around me was a new beginning.

I knew that Adapting had to be in my title. 

I started to play with words that I could attach to make it a bit more interesting... I tried "Mid West Adapting" ... but what if I move back east, I'll have to create a new title AGAIN. I really wanted a word that fit me to a "T".

I am one of the most Patient people you will ever meet. I try my best to look at every situation with an open mind and open heart. I am a true believer that "Things Happen for a Reason" and if that reason means that I need to move my life to a freezing ass climate I will say... "If anything it will be an Adventure" ... or it will be "Something I look back to someday and die laughing over". 

With all of those things that make me who I am I thought that word "Simply" fit just right. 

"Simply Adapting"

Life is hard but it's what you make of it. All of these things that I have to adapt to on a daily basis aren't the easiest at times... actually most times that are really hard things to deal with ... but I SIMPLY will not allow any challenges in life to pull my spirit from me. 

As time moves on I know that Simply Adapting will be a place where I can continue to share my life experiences with all of you. This will be a place that adapts right along side of all of my life changes that are to come in the future. I don't know what God has planned for me but whatever and whenever they happen I'll be here telling my stories to you.

I am so excited to be able to connect to all of you and share a little piece of who I am. 

Thanks for Reading :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...