March 12, 2014

Interview With Mateya from: The Best is yet to come

Happy Wednesday Everyone! Today’s Blog Post Challenge is to interview another Blogger.

Let me introduce Mateya from The Best is Yet to Come!

bestaboutmegraphic_zps49775013

Mateya and I met back in 2010 when I first interviewed for a job. We are both around the same age and had just become players in the newly wed game! (the real life one) Our husbands even picked out the exact same wedding bands and engagement rings! I got the job and Mateya and I became more than just office buddies. It was so refreshing to be able to talk to someone that was going through the same process in life. Also, both of our husbands are stubborn farm boys so we needed venting time on a weekly basis.

Around that time, I knew what blogs were but to a certain extent. We were talking one day and I had mentioned I wanted to start a blog to stay connected with family back east but wasn’t sure about the process. She told me she had been blogging for awhile which gave me more motivation to start a blog. Even after moving and having to leave my office buddy, blogging has kept us connected though daily post about our lives. I love reading Mateya’s blog because it never feels like we are losing touch. I also really respect her family values, personal goals in life, and her kindness.

So without further a-do, Let me start the interview. Since Mateya has been blogging for quite some time now I wanted the “Blogger” prospective from her. If you’d like to know more about her and her amazing journey you really should stop into The Best is Yet to Come, her story is truly an amazing one.

1) Tell us who you are and why you started your blog.

My name is Mateya. I'm a military-ish wife to Robbie and mom to Hayden (1.5) and Baby #2 (due in July). I love fitness, shopping, and spending time with my boys. (Read more of her story HERE)

2)How did you come across blogging?

I came across blogs when I was planning our wedding.  I had been scouring the website WeddingBee and saw these women who had their own personal blogs, so I started following along and got the wild idea to start my own to chronicle my adventures in planning our wedding, as well as to keep a daily journal of what was going on in my life while Robbie was deployed. 

3) What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you in the blogisphere?

I'd say the most exciting thing is the amazing friendships I have made through the blog world.  I've shared in my engagement, wedding, pregnancy, the birth of our son, and now my second pregnancy with some awesome women who I now call dear friends. It's so wonderful to be able to talk to other women who have gone through or are going through the same walk in life that you are. 

4) List your 3 top post that have been visited on your Blog.

My top 3 visited posts are:

 Easy DIY Burlap Wreath 

The Most Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipe

Where I'm Supposed to Be 

5) What is one piece of advice you would give a new blogger?

I would say just be yourself.  Blogging is (or should be) for YOU and no one else. 

6) Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest?

I do Facebook, but it's my personal Facebook, I don't have one specifically for my blog.  You can find me on Twitter @mateyab32 and also on Pinterest: Mateya B.

7) What are your some blogs on your daily feed that you die to catch up on.

My favorites are other moms who are very transparent and really open themselves up to show what it's like to be an average person.  Their lives aren't perfect and I appreciate that so much, because really, no one's is. 

Running Lawyer 

Sarah is hilarious. She's so open and honest about motherhood and she always cracks me up.  We were pregnant at the same time with our first pregnancies and now we are pregnant together again with #2. She's also a very talented photographer (in her spare time) so I love getting tips and tricks from her on how to use my camera. 

Simply Smithwick 

Caroline is one of the first blog friends I made.  We quickly bonded over our love of fashion and fitness.  I loved following along on her journey of adoption (something that is very near and dear to my heart) and then the amazing surprise of a pregnancy and birth of their second son. She is just the sweetest. 

Perfectly Us 

Katie was also one of the first blog friends I made and is one of my dearest friends to this day. Thank the good Lord we actually were able to meet in real life last summer when I was in Dallas and she is as sweet in person as she is on her blog.  We both married Rob's and we were pregnant at the same time.  She is just so geniune and I cherish the friendship we've made. 

8) What does it take for you to follow a new blog?

I just need to find something in common with that blogger and feel the desire to want to come back again and again to see what is new with them! 

9) Where do you see your blog in a year from now?

I'm a busy wife and mom, so my blog unfortunately takes a backseat sometimes, but I cherish the memories that I post on it.  I'm sure my blog will continue to be a scrapbook of memories for our family. 

10) Do you use Wordpress or blogger? Why?

I use blogger. It's just what a I started with and it's what I know how to use.  I feel like Wordpress is a little more "techy" than I want to get or a little too complicated for me :) 

 
Thanks again to Mateya for taking her time to help me in my March Post a Day Challenge! There are still plenty of days this month to jump aboard our link up.
 
You do not have to post every day if you don’t have the time, just pick the topics that you enjoy the most! Topics are listed on the right column of this blog :)
 
Tomorrow’s Post Topic: Tell a Story
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...