March 13, 2014

How {B} & {G} Became to Be...

In the Fall of 2005 I was a College Sophomore and lived in a co-ed dormitory on campus. The lower floor was all females while the upstairs was split Ag. only housing; female ag majors on one end and male (Alpha Gamma Rho) Ag majors on the other end.

At this time I was in another relationship so I wasn't looking to meet anyone. A sister in my sorority kept telling me I needed to come upstairs to hang out with some AGR boys and the other EA sisters. She really liked this one guy and needed a wing girl, so one Thursday night I agreed to go up to meet some new people and hang out.

Upon entering the large room at the end of the hall where everyone hung out I was greeted by the owners of the room and introduced myself, {G} was one of them. He was a senior & Immediately I was taken by his blonde hair, blue eyes, not to mention the little southern twang in his voice. But I wasn't there for a new boyfriend... just friends. As I got to talking with the guys we made small talk about where we were from....me being Wilmington, Delaware so right away they started calling me this... "Hey Wilmington". Then we moved into football talk. I'm a Steelers fan and so I made a bet that the Steelers were going to win the Super Bowl that year.

As the evening went on I found it extremely easy to talk to {G}. Did I mention he was the guy that my sorority sister needed a wing girl for? Not a good situation. The night ended with a few drinks and new friendships made... nothing more.

As the fall semester trekked on, I made my way upstairs a few more times. Every week that the Steelers won I would cut out the article and tap it to their dorm room door to make my point. Winter break would come and go and soon I found out that {G} and some of the other boys were taking an Ag class that I was signed up for. Still at this time I was dating the other guy but by now I had a huge crush on {G}. I didn't want to act on it for the sake of the relationship I was in so that's what I chalked it up to...just a crush.

At the end of January the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Point... Brittany :)

By the end of February my relationship had come to an end... okay I got dumped. Best thing that ever happened to me. There was still 2.5 months to go until the end of my sophomore year and the girl that liked {G} was in a pretty serious relationship with another guy by this point. That meant that we were both free agents.

The night that everything fell into place was in the same room where we had met. He had invited me to be his beer pong partner and so I agreed. Throughout the night we both had turned up the flirting to full notch. Some people were pissed that it was happening. I had just gotten out of a relationship and now it seemed like I was onto the next. I even felt it was too soon but really I'd gotten to know him for 7 months by then and there was just something special between us. Besides... he was single, I was single... thats all there should be to it.

Going into the relationship we knew {G} was going to graduate in 2 months. We took the approach of, "If its not broke, why fix it". Meaning... lets see what happens but not just break up because it's summer. We made it through summer and onto my junior year and a Big boy job for {G}. Then onto my senior year and so on.

It's been 8 years and 7 months since we first met. He is my husband, best friend, and sole mate. I read this quote the other day that I'd like to end this story on.

"It's hard to "find a great girl/guy" because GOD places them in your life for you" - Trent Shelton

I didn't go looking for the guy who would someday be my husband, he just so happened to be placed into my life and I into his.


Tomorrow’s March Blog Post a Day Challenge Topic is:
 
What’s Your Morning Routine?

1 comment:

  1. I can still remember the journey with you. I am so glad that it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...