April 23, 2015

March/April 2015 Ipsy Review

Goodness, I completely forgot to review my March Ipsy! The good news about that is I’ve been able to use both March and April’s Ipsy products so now I’m fully versed on what I like and dislike about what I received.

So here it goes!

MarchIpsy

 

MARCH Ipsy

LeeAnni Eco 3 in 1 Revolution Light – $29.98 4.0 Fl. OZ

I received a sample bottle 0.5oz and have used this a few times after washing my face. I have an oily skin tone so I appreciate how thin this product is. It doesn’t leave any residue and I can barely tell I’m wearing it.

DELUXE INFINITY SHADOW/CREASE DUET – $17.50 (on Sale for $6.99)

I love this shadow brush. I don’t get too crazy with colors or definition so I have not used the crease end. I received a full size brush.

Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo – $12.00 for a set of 6

This is a sample set that I could not find on the site! What I like about the shadow is the pigmentation. You don’t have to use a lot of product on your skin to see the color. It also stays all day long which usually doesn’t happen for me. I also enjoyed the colors they sent me. I’m a neutral gal so these colors aren’t to scary for me to wear.

NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick – $6.00

Talk about not neutral! I am just not brave enough to sport the bright pink lipstick look. Can’t do it! I did try it on of course and it is smooth like butter. Maybe if it were in a nude I’d wear it.

pūr~lisse beauty pūr~delicate gentle soymilk cleanser & makeup remover – $36.00

I received a sample size. I have also used this prior to putting on the Eco 3 in 1 product above. It’s a great cleanser! Not harsh on the skin at all and has lots natural ingrediants. It also didn’t bleach out my wash clothes like many of my past face washes have done.

Overall, I would give March’s Ipsy an 8 out of 10. The color of the lip butter is just not for me. But I will say the bag saved itself with just how amazing is the Blue floral print is. Love it!

AprilIpsy

JulieG JulieG Nail Color 35 fl oz (Damsel) – $3.99

Oh. Em. Gee! Love this color! It is absolutely prefect for spring and summer. I put it on my toes 10 days ago and still no chips. So glad I received this in my bag, I could use some new colors to put with my Jamberrys.

Klorane Dry Shampoo with oat milk - natural tint – $9.00 (Travel Size)

I was so excited to get a dry shampoo this month! I use these product often. It wasn’t until I went to review the product on Ipsy that I saw other comments from customers complaining that they had received a “brown” hair shampoo when they are indeed blondes. I looked immediately and was so disappointed to see the same. What’s the point of taking a beauty quiz if they just send random samples you can’t use? I suppose this will be gifted to a brunette friend in the future.

Hikari Cosmetics Blush – $15.00 (Tango)

I was a little nervous about how bright this blush was but I use the angled cheek brush I got back in February to place a small amount on my cheek bones and then I bend it in with a large cosmetic brush. It’s not too overly powering and last all day. I have worn it every day since April 14th. Perfect for Spring!

theBalm CosmeticsNUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single – $36.00 for set of 12

I received a sample color from this set, Flirty. Yay for a nude color palate! It’s right up my ally.  Also, how funny is the packaging. If you click the link you’ll see that the shadow sits over a bunch of “Nude Dudes”. Love it. The pigment on this shadow is great too. a little dab will do!

Crown Brush Oval Concealer Brush (C224) – $7.45 on sale for $2.98

I had a massive break out last week and this concealer brush was great to use. I’m getting away from using my fingers to apply makeup for I’m loving all of the brushes I’ve received.

Overall I would rate April’s Ipsy a 9 out of 10. I’m not trilled about the bag it came in and really wished the dry shampoo was fit for my hair color. I’m loving all of the other products, especially the blush and nail polish so I can’t complain too much!

Are you an Ipsy Subscriber? If so, did you get any of the products above?

*This post is not sponsored.

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally with ya on the lip color. I can't do it. I got the nude dudes shadow, too. So funny! That's weird that they sent you a brunette dry shampoo. I'd almost contact them. Silly silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, When reviewing I put down my concerns so hopefully they actually look at the comments we make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $10 seems like a pretty good deal for this. Your blog really has me envying dressing up cute and wearing makeup to work! I don't think I'd like to do it everyday, but working outside and with only a couple people can be (fashion)boring sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny would that be for you to roll up full glam to go scout birds one day at work. I would love to see looks from your co-workers! I truly love weekends when I get to throw on my knee ripped jeans and an old college t-shirt with a baseball cap. Zero make up and a pony tail. Although, I do love dressing up at work too. It's a great balance.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...