September 12, 2014

High Five For Friday – 9.12.14

9

One:

{G} has started to collect old Ford Tractor magazine articles and I wanted to display them. I picked the wall that heads down to the basement. It’s a blank slate that I have wanted to spruce up for awhile now. You can see this gallery from the kitchen, on the way out to the mud room, and of course going to the basement. This is only a quarter of the wall so it gives us room to keep adding, I’m sure this just the beginning.

Two:

We FINALLY took our kayaks out on the water for the first time in 2014. How sad is that? We really pride ourselves on how lovely our property is. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of up keep which means choosing chores over fun down time. We need to make more fun time in our weekends.

Three:

Auction season! We found this auction happening just across our section that we swung by. We are in need of a new washer and dryer and they had one at the sale. Too bad the auctioneer decided to sell every little item one by one. The auction started at 11:00am and by 1:45am he was only through the first two trailers of junk. We gave up and left to have lunch. I prefer craigslist for this reason.

Four:

Oh Mustard… I am obsessed with you. I’ve been digging my new mustard color cardigan from The Loft. It’s perfect for the fall season and the quality is great. I’m also obsessed with Peter Pan Collars. I probably have 5-6 shirts of various types with this style of collar. {G} asked my if the 50’s wanted my clothing back? What can I say… I love that style.

Five:

It’s finally Boot season here in Iowa! I was talking to my mom yesterday who lives back in Delaware and she was saying how humid it is there. What a difference in the weather. I’m not going to lie, it did take me by surprise but I am equally as happy that Fall weather is here. I love wearing my cowboy boots, purple Uggs, and riding-style boots. Who doesn’t?

This weekend {G} has me scheduled for Hay Duty. We have been trying to get our third cutting in for over a month now but the rain would not stop. I am over the moon thrilled to finally go out in the fields and get itchy. {{{ Insert complete sarcasm here }}} I love my husband, all his quirks, and of course his hobbies but I would be lying if i didn’t proclaim how excited I am that this is the LAST cutting of the year. For my benefit this may give me an opportunity to play with my Canon T3i’s manual settings outside while he is in the tractor.

 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...