May 6, 2014

Spring Fitness Motivation

Well, here we are into May and I still have yet to commit to a fitness routine. I told myself over the winter to, "Just wait for the weather to break." It was godly cold here is Iowa... -20 some days and there was no way I was going to run in it. I hate treadmills and simply... I just didn't feel like it. Winter sucks the life from right out of me.
 
Now that its May I really have no choice. Tomorrow it will be 89 here in Central Iowa! Can you believe it, I don't know whether to run or go to the lake and relax in the sun... maybe I can do both?
 
I have taken a few days to run our dirt lane but still not enough motivation... my brain just isn't in it.
 
I have been a decision though. Tomorrow is my day. My Garmin is charged, my workout gear is prepped, and my butt is not going to sit inside when I can be enjoying life and get back in shape.
 
Back in October I lost 7lbs on the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.
 

043045
 
How'd I do it? I dropped soda, drank H20 like crazy, ate clean, and the big thing... was running 3-5 days a week. I started with the Couch2FiveK app which allowed me to gradually build my endurance. It wasn't about speed or distance it was about gaining more ground each day.
 
Sure enough in 6 weeks I went from not running to completing a 5k in 26.04.
Race for the Cure Des Moines, Iowa October 2013
 
130
 
I was doing great until... Thanksgiving... then Christmas... then I got back the mentality of, "Well I'll just pick it up again later." Stopped exercising, starting drinking soda, sat on my ass. End of story.
 
I know I have it in me, looking back at these photos I get motivated knowing there are results with hard work.
 
So, from time to time I'll put up a post or two to let you all know how I'm doing. I'm not going full 24 day challenge but I will be using the meal guide and some supplements from the Advocare wellness line. I'll be happy to share them with you all later.
 
Have you heard of Advocare? www.advocare.com/130957754
 
Have you started a Spring fitness routine yet? What do you use to stay motivated?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've heard great things about advocare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is great stuff. Have you ever tried Spark? I know being a teacher we always need a little pick me up by 2pm to get through the day. It's a great supplement for sodas and coffee.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...