November 7, 2012

Hello Lady… it’s been too long

.. Alert the blogger universe…

This chick is still alive!

I have been so busy that I have completely neglected my blog space. Yes, I have thought about posting multiple times in the past 2 months and when it came down to it, I was LAZY and decided relaxing on the sofa was way more important. (don’t act like you haven’t)

To get you all up to speed…

On October 10th I started my new job at Iowa State University. LOVE IT! It is such a breath of fresh air to get out of the house every day. I don’t want to say that I am a routine person because I’m certainly someone who you can ask to go to get a drink on a whim and it doesn’t need to be planned. However, do I like having something to look forward to every day, ABSOLUTELY! I actually do like getting up at 6am, taking my shower, picking out a cute outfit for the day, driving to work, and … wait for it… TALK TO PEOPLE AGAIN! I am back in the world of socialization and am loving it.

ISU is such a big campus compared to my little alma mater Del Val. It is certainly overwhelming at first but once you get past that it’s amazing to see the people that make this place work and its rejuvenating to see the mob students hustling to class at every hour on the minute. This place is a well oiled machine and I can’t help to feel so blessed to work here.

I even think my marriage has benefited. Happy Wife = Happy Life. Totally and completely true! I wasn’t miserable when I was working at home and I never took it out on {G} but there was something missing in my daily need column. By the time {G} would get home from wotk at 7pm he was ready to wind down, mean while, I had been anxiously waiting like a little puppy dog at the window for my only source of human contact to pull in the drive way. This certainly can be frustrating for both parties.

Now, I get home by quarter ‘til 6pm most days. Let the dog out and try to soak up whatever day light is left. Sit for a minute to collect my thoughts and the 6pm news. Start supper. By the time I’m done {G} is walking through the door and we are both ready to relax. PROGRESS

I’d be lying if I said there weren’t things that I didn’t miss about working from home, but the list is pretty limited.

  1. Watching LIVE with Kelly & Michael (LOVED THAT SHOW!)
  2. Spending the day with Winston
  3. Freedom to do whatever I wanted whenever

Yeah… that’s all I can think of… Thing that I have gained

  1. The Elvis Duran in the Morning Show  I have a 30-35 minute ride to work in the morning and just love listening to the morning show I use to listen to while living back east. Makes it feel like I’m (Home-Home) As for my title to this post… Hello Lady is a line from the morning show. HI-OH!
  2. Dressing up for work – When I was at home what was the point… every day I threw on chore jeans, a t-shirt, and threw my hair in a pony tail. Now I can pick every day! The best part is that my office is very business casual so it’s not like I have to pick out dress slacks every day.
  3. Socialization – Talking to people. LOVE it!
  4. Working with Students – I’m now back in a position where each week I’m in the middle and high schools working with the SAME students each month. I was blessed with a gift to work with youth and now feel that I am utilizing that gift for the better.
  5. Self-respect of myself – I never want to SETTLE for a job. I set out to be an educator and now when people ask what I do I can be proud to say that I’m educating students to go onto college.

I hope all of you feel the same way about where you are in your lives and can’t wait to share more! 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...