March 28, 2012

Simply Adapting – Losing life & Mending Fences

I hate writing about times like these but sometimes we need an outlet to what we are feeling inside.

On Monday, my sister called me with news that her best friends brother had taken his life, the brother happened to be a classmate I grew up with in high school. He, who was a high school sweet heart to one of my best friends. I find that no matter how old you get, a lose does not become easier to with stand. I am saddened that once again I am faced with a loss of someone who made a difference in this world. I am more saddened at the thought of him being so sad that he came to the decision to be with god instead of his family here on earth.

Now I don’t care what the bible says about taken life… I have had a long drawn out conversation between myself and god back through high school and college when I lost a even closer friend to the same demons. It took me a long time to get to a place of peace between me and the lord and when it comes down to it I know that those lives are at rest and I no longer care to hear others interpretations on heaven and hell and who gets the privilege of going to either.

I hope the he is at peace now and that all his pain and burden that he held through being in the war has been washed away. I pray for his family and hope that this loss will be healed over time. I can not imagine how I would feel to lose someone to grave.

Throughout learning about this loss, I immediately contacted the girl that I was once good friends with to tell her of the event. I knew that she had cared deeply for this person and would want to know and come to peace with it herself. We too have had a falling out about 2 years ago that put an end to our 8 year friendship. Over the past two years I have thought often about what had happened and placed blame in the wrong places. People are not perfect and I certainly am not. I have made some choices that I have come to regret such as the loss of this friendship. Sometimes it takes time to grow up and re-evaluate life and choices that may not have been the best.

I am hopeful that we have opened a door to begin to mend a friendship that may still be there. I think that true friendships are hard to come by and that there has always been something special between us. I have seen friendships mend through watching my mom and a friendship she herself mended after 15+ years… I think there is hope.  

On a better note, I will be driving the 5 hours to Ames, Iowa this evening to complete “Round Two of – Hunter Hunters Rigdon Edition. {G} really liked one of the homes he saw yesterday. It just so happened to be the one with the four legged friends I had hinted at. I am still not going to say too much, I don’t want to jinx anything. All I will say is that this may be the one! We are going to look at {G}’s number 1 & 2 tomorrow and possibly hopefully make an offer?!?

Our home had the inspection completed on Monday, we still have not heard anything as of yet. The purchasers have until tomorrow to re-counter or accept the offer they gave. The next two days are vital in our Home Search!

Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear this Brittany.
    Good luck with round 2 of house hunters!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...