January 19, 2012

{ The List }



My Name is Brittany and I am a list writing, task checking, calendar marking, will be lost if I don’t write it down, list on top of list addict. 

Hi Brittany…..

Seriously though, I don’t think I can go through a day with out writing a list. If I don’t then I feel like I am not organized. At work I know what I need to get done as soon as I walk into my office, but I can’t start doing them until their written down on my yellow note pad. Because if they are not written down then how can I check them off to tell myself that I have done them! It definitely has to do with my need to accomplish things. I need to see that they were accomplished or else I don’t get satisfaction from doing those things.
I make even make list of list sometimes. 
Such as, with my grocery list. I can’t just write a list of all the items I need to buy, I have to organize them into where you buy them in the store.
  • Dairy
  • Deli
  • Meats
  • Frozen
  • Toiletries
  • Paper Items
Sometimes I write my list and tell my self, “There are only 10 things on the list, you can get them with out it”. So I leave the list in my purse and sure enough I forgot something!!! Must always ALWAYS read the list and check off items.

This weekend I am excited because George and I are going to the Spearfish Canyon Lodge in Spearfish, SD (Black Hills)! For our one year anniversary my parents gave us a wonderful all paid weekend at the Lodge with a snow mobile package included! We get two nights stay, one couples breakfast, one couples dinner, two cocktails, and a one day snow mobile rental that includes 350 miles of trails to ride on. I have never driven a snow mobile so I am very excited since we each get our own so I can go at my own pace. George gets a little more gutsy then I do at times which I learned from our time when we went and did trails on our 4-wheeler.

With a trip though means LIST LIST LIST!

Mine get very detail orientated. First I have my master list and then  I break the list into Days and what I need for each day.

Day before List: (Thursday)
  • Call Kennel to set up Winston for the Weekend
  • Call Lodge to confirm stay and check in time (also to make sure there is snow :)
  • Buy Face covers for George and myself  (It’s cold out side!)
  • Wash Clothes
  • Charge Camera & Video Flip
  • Put Lodge info and gift card in purse!!!!! (MAJOR MUST DO)
  • Put out of office replies on VM and outlook
Master List-

(Bath)
  • Tooth Brush & Paste
  • Comb
  • Makeup bag
  • Face Wash
  • Shampoo + Conditioner
  • Straightener & Hair dryer
(Cold Weather)
  • Snow boots
  • Hand and toe warmers
  • gloves
  • Face mask
  • hat
  • Scarf
  • warm Socks
  • Under amour pants and shirt (warm)
  • Helmets & Goggles (Mine are pink : ) (Georges are Blue :)
  • Snow Pants
(Clothes)
  • Set for each day +1 for snowmobiling
  • Under-roos
  • socks
  • Tank tops for under shirts
(Tech)
  • Camera
  • Flip
  • Phone Charger
  • Nook (For in car reading)
Day 1 List:

Winston’s List – (Friday)
  • Bag of food for weekend
  • Bone
  • Leash
  • 1 toy
My List-
  • Use last of deli turkey to make sandwiches for drive
  • Grab Snacks & Drinks
  • Wear comfy clothes for drive
  • PJ’s
  • Cute outfit for dinner
Day 2 List: (Saturday)
  • North Face Fleece
  • Comfy, Warm, & Practical Clothes for Snowmobile
  • Clothes for Dinner
  • Everything else in Master list
Day 3 List: (Sunday)
  • Send postcard to parents
  • Wear comfy clothes home
  • Call Kennel to tell them what time pick up will be

I’m completely screwed when I have kids…

I’ll be happy to post Pictures when I get back Sunday for the trip! :) Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun!! I am addicted to lists too. And yes... just wait until you have kids... you seriously have to be super organized! But I think you will not have a problem with that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...