January 17, 2012

{January Birch Box Review}

 

Dear Birch Box I would like to commend you on this months efforts of matching my profile with things that I would actually use. :)

IMG_0298

January’s Theme: Clarity

{ What’s in the Box? }

IMG_0299

IMG_0301

Eye liner, Juicy Couture perfume, pomegranate soap, Lotion, Energy Bar, Magnet, Clarity tips

{My take on the products}

  • Clarks Botanicals; Smoothing Marine Cream: 

IMG_0305

Smells Lovely almost a hint of scented rose. Feels like a paste, sort of sticky yet not thick. When you rub it in it’s smooth and leaves a tingling sensation. I absolutely love this, I wish I could afford it though. I’ll leave this one for the Celebs to use and try not to use my little sampler to quickly.

 

  • LARABAR – energy bar: This is my first time tasting a larabar. I have seen them in stores but I usually stick to what I know and what I know are the Nature Valley Bars. I needed a little snack at work so this was the perfect opportunity to dabble in this new to me energy bar. Upon opening the package I could tell that the bar was moist, which is way different then my nature valley bars. The bar I have is “Cherry Pie” I’m already hesitant because I’m not a huge cherry or a pie fan. My first bite was a little rough trying to digest the strong tart flavors. However, my second, third, and forth bite was delicious. I could now get past the Cherry tart and really taste the peanuts, raisins, and almonds. I looked on the LARABAR website and they are many flavors to choose from. This may be a nice choice of Breakfast bar for me in the mornings. I’m a grab and run kind of girl. Now I just need to figure out which bars I will really like.

IMG_0304

  • Juicy Couture - perfume: This perfume is stronger then what I prefer but I would wear it. My favorite all time perfume is Versace’s Bright Crystal. It’s subtle and I just have gotten so many compliments on it over the years. It would be really hard for any other perfume to get me to change over.
  • Stila Eye Liner:  The color is a navy blue which is a difference from the Brown/Black that I use on a daily basis. It is a non-pencil liner so you don’t have to sharpen it. It goes on easy and stays on.
  • Pomegranate Soap: It has a very light scent to it. Leaves the skin nice and smooth and isn’t overly priced. Also, doesn’t leave a soapy residue feeling.
  • Detox Card: Cute idea to start off the new year right!

IMG_0302

I really enjoyed this months Birch Box and am excited to see what February will bring? Valentines items maybe?? We’ll see!

BlogSignature

1 comment:

  1. I have a ton of mini Larabars at home! I love those things. I'll bring some in for you to try. I know I have apple pie, cherry pie, and one other for sure. The peanut butter cookie one is delicious too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you... Please comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...